The results to the #ThisBook campaign are in!
The top 20 books written by women that have had the most impact on you are as follows:
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
- Harry Potter – J.K Rowling
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Rebecca – Daphne Du Maurier
- Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
- The Secret History – Donna Tartt
- I Capture The Castle – Dodie Smith
- The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
- Beloved – Toni Morrison
- Gone With The Wind – Margaret Mitchell
- We Need To Talk About Kevin – Lionel Shriver
- The Time Traveller’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
- Middlemarch – George Eliot
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings – Maya Angelou
- The Golden Notebook – Doris Lessing
- The Colour Purple – Alice Walker
- The Women’s Room – Marilyn French
i was never jealous of barbie’s body
i was jealous of all the shit she had and that fucking mansion and her pimp ass car and her hot boyfriend
Badly injured rhino whose horn was taken after it was darted by poachers.
This is really important. Don’t dismiss the ivory trade issues. Elephants and rhinos are suffering.
GOD DAMN POACHERS. FUCK.
This makes my blood boil
that mans face 😢😢😢😢😢
the people who did this to the rhino probably needed this to feed themselves and their families. how are we supposed to care more about a rhino than people who’s only means of survival rely on ivory?
actually… that statement is patently false… while poachers ARE paid to procure the horns, the only people reaping the benefits are the asian syndicates making millions off the $60,000 a kilo market price… just like the drug cartels that “pay” farmers, harvesters and smugglers, it is all at a hefty usually violent price that amounts to those poachers being enslaved to continued poaching or face death…
so stopping the illegal trade of rhino horn (which is not ivory) is definitely caring about that guy and his family and the community as much as the woefully endangered rhino…
Save the rhinos! This is horrible!